Enjoy an authentic East Iceland Experience while docking in Djúpivogur. This shore excursion takes you to see the many hidden gems of East Iceland where you will get in touch with the secluded beauty of this remote area. During the day, you will also get a chance to dip into the relaxing Vök Baths next to Egilsstaðir.
This is a Super Jeep tour with a small group and a focus on a slow travel style and a local experience.
Check out further information here below.
Duration: 7 – 8 hours
Operated: From 1st of May to 30th of September
Meeting point: Djúpivogur Harbour
Minimum: 2 adults
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Good hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
– For a private version of this tour or if you are docking at a time not available in our booking service, send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Are you looking for a shorter version of this tour?
- Fully guided tour
- Entrance to Vök Baths
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
- Starting the excursion, we drive from Djúpivogur along the coast over to Breiðdalur valley, where we will visit an abandoned farm and see two other beautiful waterfalls.
- We will also cross an unbridged river and visit the local church at Heydalir, before heading to Vök Baths geothermal baths.
- On the way back to Djúpivogur, we will cross highland roads and have a stunning view as we drive down the winding mountain road into Berufjörður fjord.