Duration: 9 – 10 hours
Operated: From 20th of June to 30th of October
Meeting point: Egilsstaðir Camping site.
Pick-up: Available at guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir areas.
Minimum: 2 adults
Languages: English, Spanish and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Swimsuit and towel
– Good hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. – For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at email@example.com
Are you looking for the Winter version of this tour?
- Fully guided tour
- Entrance to the Icelandic Wilderness Center
- A visit to Sænautasel farm
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
- We will start the journey riding through fertile Jökuldalur Glacier Valley, where we encounter picture-perfect waterfalls on the way to Sænautasel, a restored turf-roof farm that dates back to 1843.
- We continue our voyage to the deep ravines of Hafrahvammagljúfur and to bathe under a hidden gem, a naturally warm geothermal waterfall in Laugarvalladalur Valley. It is ideal for taking a bath or a shower in the warm waterfall where the stream runs into the valley’s main river.
- From there we head to the Wilderness Center to visit their stunning exhibition. On the way we stop at Kárahnjúkar, the biggest hydroelectric power plant in Europe, to take encounter epic views of the canyon below.
- Lastly we drive through Fljótsdalur Valley and visit Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaðarskógur, with larch, red spruce, native birch, rowan, and willow trees on our way to Egilsstaðir. While there, be on the lookout for the legendary monster of Lake Lagarfljót.