Duration: 9 – 10 hours
Operated: From 20th of June to 31th of October
Meeting point: Possible pickup at guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir areas.
Minimum: 2 adults
Languages: English, Spanish and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Swimsuit and towel
– Good hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. – For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Fully guided tour
- Entrance to the Icelandic Wilderness Center
- A visit to Sænautasel farm
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
- We will start the journey riding through fertile Jökuldalur Glacier Valley, where we encounter picture-perfect waterfalls on the way to Sænautasel, a restored turf-roof farm that dates back to 1843.
- We continue our voyage to the deep ravines of Hafrahvammagljúfur and to bathe under a hidden gem, a naturally warm geothermal waterfall in Laugarvalladalur Valley. It is ideal for taking a bath or a shower in the warm waterfall where the stream runs into the valley’s main river.
- Finally, on the way back to Egilsstaðir, we stop at Kárahnjúkar, the biggest power plant in Europe, to take encounter epic views of the canyon below. We also drive through Fljótsdalur Valley to visit Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaðarskógur, with larch, red spruce, native birch, rowan, and willow trees. While there, be on the lookout for the legendary monster of Lake Lagarfljót.