This East Iceland tour takes you around the beautiful Breiðdalur valley or Broad Valley which is surrounded by a magnificent mountain range. You will visit waterfalls, abandoned farms and a local church, giving you a peek into both the nature and culture of the area.
The mode of transport is a 4×4 Super-Jeep with a capacity for 4-10 passengers. And with the travel style of slow travel, the experiences and connections to the area become as strong as it can be.
It is a family-friendly tour where every member of the family can enjoy a truly local experience in East Iceland.
Check out further information here below.
Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Operated: All year, upon request.
Meeting point: Selnes 28-30, 760 Breiðdalsvík.
Minimum: 2 passengers
Maximum: Contact us in case you have a group larger than 12 persons.
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Good hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Due to weather and/or road conditions, we might have to alter the itinerary, have a longer journey time, or cancel the tour. – For a private version of this tour, send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Guided tour
- A visit to a local church
- All taxes and fees
- This tour begins with a drive into the Breiðdalur valley. Driving across an old bridge looking down into the crystal clear river in the canyon below is a beautiful experience.
- The next stop is by the beautiful waterfall Beljandi where we have to ride on rough tracks and drive across unbridged rivers to reach the destination.
- From there, we go to the waterfall Flögufoss where we hike a short way to get the best view of this beautiful waterfall.
- In Jórvík, we visit abandoned farms, which give a glimpse into how regular Icelanders used to live in the late 19th to early 20th century. It is also an important geological site that displays delightful flora during summertime.
- At the end of the journey, we visit the local church Heydalir where we immerse our self in the culture and history of the area.