Duration: 10 – 12 hours
Operated: From 1. February to 15. April, upon request
Meeting point: Egilsstaðir Camp Site.
Pick-up: Available from guesthouses in Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir areas.
Minimum: 2 adults
Age limit: 7 years and older
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Good winter clothing
– Warm hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Lunch (can also be arranged by our partners at Hótel Bláfell)
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
– This is a wilderness tour, and for that sake, the bathroom facilities along the way are very rudimentary.
– Due to the long duration of this tour, it is not recommended for children ten years and younger.
– For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- The tour begins with a ride towards the mountains.
- When we arrive at the mountains, that’s when the real winter adventure begins as we ride across snow-covered mountains.
- On our way to the Þrándarjökull glacier, you will visit the Bjarnahýði mountain hut, a favorite pit stop for local mountaineers.
- Afterward, we continue to Tröllakrókar, a spectacular rock formation in a vast canyon, where you will experience the incredible feeling of how small and vulnerable we are.