This is a unique and unforgettable journey taking you across the snow-covered highlands of East Iceland in a well equipped 4×4 Super Jeep. It is a winter adventure of a lifetime.
During this tour, you will spend most of the time traveling off-road across the snowy wilderness.
When traveling in small groups, with the travel style of slow travel, you can enjoy the Icelandic nature to the fullest.
Check out further information here below.
Duration: 10 – 12 hours
Operated: From 1. February to 15. April, upon request
Meeting point: Egilsstaðir Camp Site.
Pick-up: Available from guesthouses in Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir areas.
Minimum: 2 adults
Age limit: 7 years and older
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Good winter clothing
– Warm hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Lunch (can also be arranged by our partners at Hótel Bláfell)
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
– This is a wilderness tour, and for that sake, the bathroom facilities along the way are very rudimentary.
– Due to the long duration of this tour, it is not recommended for children ten years and younger.
– For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The tour begins with a ride towards the mountains.
- When we arrive at the mountains, that’s when the real winter adventure begins as we ride across snow-covered mountains.
- On our way to the Þrándarjökull glacier, you will visit the Bjarnahýði mountain hut, a favorite pit stop for local mountaineers.
- Afterward, we continue to Tröllakrókar, a spectacular rock formation in a vast canyon, where you will experience the incredible feeling of how small and vulnerable we are.