This short tour highlights the scenic coastline area Streiti in the East Fjords of Iceland. It also visits the local church in Breiðdalur valley and the beautiful waterfall Beljandi. This area is rich in history and mythology as well as being an important geological destination.
On this tour, you get a taste of trailing rough roads and crossing unbridged rivers in a 4×4 Super-Jeep. Traveling in small groups provides a sense of privacy and intimacy with the surrounding nature and allows you to enjoy to the fullest.
Check out further information here below.
Duration: 2 – 2,5 hours
Operated: All year, upon request
Meeting point: Selnes 28-30, 760 Breiðdalsvík
Pick-up: Available at guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík area.
Maximum: Contact us in case you have a group larger than 12 passengers.
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Good hiking shoes
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
– For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Fully guided tour
- A visit to the local church
- All taxes and fee
- The tour begins with a visit to the local church at Heydalir. There you get a chance to see an example of a typical rural Icelandic church, as well as a, peek into a part of Icelandic culture.
- As we head-on, we cross an old bridge across a beautiful river canyon where the clear, calm river flows below our feet.
- The next stop is at Beljandi waterfall but to get there we will trail rough roads and cross the river it’s in at a point where there are no bridges.
- At the end of the journey, we visit the rocky coastline by the lighthouse at Streiti. There we combine the power of the ocean, geological formations, history and mythology in a stunning experience.