Duration: 2 – 2,5 hours
Operated: All year, upon request
Meeting point: Selnes 28-30, 760 Breiðdalsvík
Pick-up: Available at guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík area.
Maximum: Contact us in case you have a group larger than 12 passengers.
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Good hiking shoes
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
– For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fully guided tour
- A visit to the local church
- All taxes and fee
- The tour begins with a visit to the local church at Heydalir. There you get a chance to see an example of a typical rural Icelandic church, as well as a, peek into a part of Icelandic culture.
- As we head-on, we cross an old bridge across a beautiful river canyon where the clear, calm river flows below our feet.
- The next stop is at Beljandi waterfall but to get there we will trail rough roads and cross the river it’s in at a point where there are no bridges.
- At the end of the journey, we visit the rocky coastline by the lighthouse at Streiti. There we combine the power of the ocean, geological formations, history and mythology in a stunning experience.