Duration: 3 – 4 hours
Operated: All year, upon request.
Meeting point: Selnes 28-30, 760 Breiðdalsvík.
Pick-up: Available at guesthouses in the Breiðdalsvík area.
Minimum: 2 passengers
Maximum: Contact us in case you have a group larger than 12 persons.
Languages: English, Spanish, and Icelandic
What to bring:
– Warm clothing
– Good hiking shoes
– Water bottle
– Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour. – For a private version of this tour send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Guided tour
- A visit to a local church
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
- This tour begins with a drive into the Breiðdalur valley. Driving across an old bridge looking down into the crystal clear river in the canyon below is a beautiful experience.
- The next stop is by the beautiful waterfall Beljandi where we have to ride on rough tracks and drive across unbridged rivers to reach the destination.
- From there, we go to the waterfall Flögufoss where we hike a short way to get the best view of this beautiful waterfall.
- In Jórvík, we visit abandoned farms, which give a glimpse into how regular Icelanders used to live in the late 19th to early 20th century. It is also an important geological site that displays delightful flora during summertime.
- At the end of the journey, we visit the local church Heydalir where we immerse our self in the culture and history of the area.